Friday, May 7, 2010

The Runaways....

I grew up in the 70's and 80's
the youngest of five daughters, that's right FIVE.
So, when I was growing up I STOOD* in the front seat next to my cool, older sisters
driving down the road listening and belting out the lyrics to Joan Jett, Heart, The Police, Journey, Fleetwood Mac, etc...
You get the idea.
So, needless to say I LUV, LUV, LUV me some
Joan Jett...
So, imagine my excitement when I found out they were making a movie
about her and the Blackhearts called the Runaways.
EXCITED!!!
I can not wait to see this movie!
I am thinking this might be how I am going to spend my weekend.
So, for some bad-ass inspiration to get your weekend started right, check out:
*Disclaimer about the standing in the car driving down the road*
It was the 70's and 80's,
we did not know any better,
it was not illegal yet,
some of the best days of my life we spent standing up in that car,
and I am still here no worse for the wear to tell you the tale.
**I bet no bad ass Joan Jett would have worn a seat belt either back then! {wink}
***I, however, would these days, so please wear your seat belt. Save your bad ass self!
****No more swearing for a while I promise! {blush}

0 comments: