Monday, November 1, 2010

a wee little desk...

Thought I would share some picts
of a little area that I have turned into a desk...
There is a large group of four old ceiling tins
that work double duty as beauty and functionality.
Some old printer blocks
in mine and hubby's initials.
My life anthem on a canvas...
"Nothing splendid has ever been achieved
except by those who dared believe
that something inside them
was superior to circumstances."
{You better believe that I believe that with all my heart!}
Some old flashlight bulbs and old printer block letters
thrown together in an ironstone bowl...
The plan is to turn the old flashlight bulbs into magnets.
Some to keep and some to peddle...
The chair in the first photo has no seat.
I am wrestling with what to re-do it in.
Any suggestions?
Right now I am on muslin, ticking, burlap, or bleached cotton,
but unable to commit to any.
The clippings attached to the tins charge from day to day.
The spooky clippings are down,
and now we are on to Thankful thoughts and ideas.

1 comments:

Tina said...

Liz, your desk area is fabulous! I am sooooo in love with those pressed tin ceiling panels - gorgeous!! ~ Tina x