Wednesday, March 21, 2012

my new mail box....

My new mail box!!!
I ordered it from, where else,
Pottery Barn.

Here is hubby installing it for me
{in the dark, because I was so excited to get it up}
It was no small feat because our home is stone.
Unfortunately we had to move it from
the right side to the left side because
it did not fit on the right.

It never crossed my mind to measure,
or that one side of the door to the shutter
is smaller than the other.

The problem with that is,
 I have been completely and totally spoiled
to getting my mail by sticking my head out the door
and reaching over.
Even if that means in my pajamas,
in the rain or snow.
Now, I have to walk out the door and around
to the mailbox.
Believe me when I say,
I will still be getting the mail in my pjs.

Looks good anyway though.
And after all, that's the most important thing, right?

The next step....
changing out the light fixtures!

Here are the replacements....

They are on back order until July.
I can't wait!

Here is a picture from pottery barn of the mailbox.
Ironically, this is also the color and style of siding that
I want to replace the siding on my sun room with.
I think it is called shake, maybe?
Not sure on that one.

I think it will look great with the stone house.

So much to do as usual!
One of these days it will all get done, right?

0 comments: