Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The navy wall....

I blogged here and here
about adding some navy in the house.

 Well, I did it!
{ok, hubby did it}

and here it is....
I LOVE it!!!

I used the same sofa and leather chairs,
and just switched the rug and coffee table
with the formal living room.
I bought one pillow with blue ikat fabric
to help pull it all together.
The other pillows still worked.
All the pictures, mirrors and shutters
are from around the house.
I just pulled them together and made a grouping.
I want to add more to the wall,
but that was all that I had in the house.
I will be on the look out for more.
It looks good with the
tan and ivory stripes
in the hallway.
see one of our Kittys June Carter
on the back of the chair?
Here is the other side of the room.
This is the chair I brought home
from the Nashville show.
It pulls the blue color to the other side of the room.
The entertainment center balances the dark leather
of the chairs on the opposite side of the room.
{watching a DVRed episode of Nate Burkus}
love the mix of the fabrics.
{Hubby is still trying to love it.}
It is bold and really makes a statement,
which is exactly what I wanted.
I couldn't be happier.
I love my new navy wall
and navy accessories!
If you are considering some color,
consider navy.
It is bold but also somehow still neutral.
P.S. today is my mom's birthday...
Happy birthday, Jetty Bean!

1 comments:

Michelle Hughes said...

I love navy and yours looks so great!!!