Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mad Hatting it...

So, my daughter had a Slumber Party to celebrate her 10th birthday.
Part of the party included going to see the new Alice in Wonderland movie in 3-D.
Did I mention the seven 10 year olds?
Did I mention the slumber party part?
After seeing this movie and recovering from a slumber party that lasted until 4am
I am thinking how wonderful it would be to have
my very own pet pot belly pig to use as a foot rest for my aching feet whenever I please.
And wondering if I should have had more of a Queen of Hearts attitude to the group of 10 year olds that kept me up until 4am, or if the White Queens attitude was indeed the correct approach.
I should have known to be more prepared for the battle that is called Slumber Party. Which, by the way, is so poorly named. It should have been called an anti-slumber party! But all the girls had lovely and colorful personalities making it fun for all and all for fun!
I wouldn't have changed a thing.
Even though I did have "activities" planned that never happened like,
making bracelets, nail art, and decorating sugar cookies until they all looked like tye-dye. I would like to say the next morning when the girls were picked up that I looked like Anne Hathaway, but unfortunately after only 3 hours of sleep, I looked more like....
Well, you know. The Mad Hatter!
Literally!
Mad eyes with a hat on!
Delirium.

0 comments: