Thursday, March 17, 2011

the bathroom...

This is our main bathroom...
the one that gets most of the use.
...a piece of furniture that my hubby
turned into a sink.
he had to cut it into almost half
in order for it to fit in the bathroom.
He took one of the boards he cut off and attached
it to the back to act like a back splash.
And, some of the drawers even work!
So talented is he!
This piece is a very old store display case
that came out of my store.
It fits so perfectly snug back in the little alcove.
You don't even want to know what it took to get it in there.
It may look a little cluttered,
but this is a main storage area in the room.
 apothecary jars
holding my soaps from different trips
and Q-tips.
a glass compote
holding sponges, brushes
and some other toiletries one of my sisters
brought me back from a recent trip to France.
a stack of bath towels...

...a solution to
 ugly toilet paper holders.

the walk-in shower....
there was room enough inside
to put a Japanese garden stool in the shower,
so that I would have a place to sit and shave my legs.
Most days, the legs don't make it to shaved,
but when they do...
another apothecary jar on the sink
that holds old grooming brushes.
and a decanter with mouthwash.
another view of the shower...
It is huge.
We took out an old porcelain
bathtub to install this.
I think there is like room for six in here,
but I can say for sure,
that I will never be showering with five others.
So, I will just have to guess at that number.
I hung this old fireplace cover on the wall.
I just love it,
and it goes so well with the tile
and fixtures.

0 comments: