Wednesday, February 2, 2011

a new color for an old clock...



Ok, so I finally got around to painting this old clock
that I have been meaning to paint since the day after Halloween.
(this was the best before picture I could come up with)


I wanted to leave it black until after Halloween,
because it just went so well with my whole
black and white Halloween decor.

But now that I am on such a kick
to freshen everything up for Spring. 
I thought it was finally time for a new coat of paint.


I could not be happier with the results!
It makes my living room feel so light and bright.
Exactly the look I am going for.
I mean, just look at how different it makes the whole room look!

My hubby asked me if I planned on painting
it black every fall,
and ivory every spring.


I told him that I had not thought of that,
but what a great idea it was!
as he rolled his eyes and walked out of the room.
He hates  adores all of my projects!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Unknown said...

Love it in white-but...at Halloween, I'd love it in black,too!! lol!! Claire

Judith @ Creating Balance said...

Hi there! New follower from Circle of bliss! Love that clock! And love the pics of your store. It is my dream to open a consignment store!! Would love to pick your brain one day!

oak and natural wall clocks said...

A white grandfather's clock. Very refreshing and beautiful.